Neuberger Berman Volunteers Serve Their Communities in Annual “Celebration with Service”
New York, April 27, 2015 — Neuberger Berman, a leading private, independent, employee-owned investment manager, is pleased to mark the sixth anniversary of its return to independence and employee ownership with its annual “Celebration with Service” program. The community service initiative in late April and early May includes more than 1,100 Neuberger Berman volunteers participating in over 85 projects globally in 18 cities including Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, West Palm Beach and Wilmington.
Celebration with Service is a key component of Neuberger Berman’s signature philanthropic program, NB Impacts, which brings together all the resources of the firm – employee engagement, employee leadership and financial contributions – to meet critical community needs. Over the past four years, NB Impacts has engaged more than 6,800 volunteers globally who have worked with more than 6,000 youth, reached 1,100 seniors and spent nearly 3,000 hours sprucing up parks and community spaces. The Neuberger Berman Foundation, a cornerstone of NB Impacts, makes grants in support of organizations that provide academic enrichment, job readiness and college preparedness programs for at-risk children and youth.
George Walker, CEO of Neuberger Berman said of the event: “For the sixth year in a row, we are marking the return to our roots as an employee-owned, independent firm by volunteering in the cities and countries where we work every day. Community service is a cornerstone of our 76-year culture so we’re pleased to integrate it into each anniversary.”
Of the more than 85 projects occurring globally this year, select highlights include:
- Volunteers in New York will be working on a variety of projects including resume and mock interviews with Publicolor; distributing fresh fruits and vegetables to low-income families with City Harvest; and revitalizing East River Park with New York Cares.
- In Boston, volunteers will work with students from the Dorchester Boys & Girls Club.
- Volunteers in Chicago will prepare family food baskets for the Greater Chicago Food Depository and help students from Teen Living and Lawrence Hall hone their interviewing skills.
- In Dallas, employees will take part in several projects: helping to serve meals with Stewpot, and working with children at Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center and Vogel Alcove.
- Working with Baby Buggy, volunteers in Los Angeles will sort and package donations made to underserved families.
- Volunteers in Wilmington are partnering with Creative Vision Factory on a mural beautification project for a local school.
- In Singapore, volunteers will host a bowling event with a group of intellectually disabled individuals with nonprofit MINDS.
- In Taipei, volunteers will host a car wash to raise funds for burn survivors with Sunshine Social Welfare Foundation.
- In Tokyo, volunteers will help to clean toys, music instruments and more in the children's ward of a local hospital.
For information on the Neuberger Berman Foundation and Celebration with Service, please visit https://www.nb.com/corporate_social_responsibility/.
About Neuberger Berman
Neuberger Berman, founded in 1939, is a private, independent, employee-owned investment manager. The firm manages equities, fixed income, private equity and hedge fund portfolios for institutions and advisors worldwide. With offices in 18 countries, Neuberger Berman’s team is more than 2,100 professionals and the company was named by Pensions & Investments as a 2013 and 2014 Best Place to Work in Money Management. Tenured, stable and long-term in focus, the firm fosters an investment culture of fundamental research and independent thinking. It manages $251 billion in client assets as of March 31, 2015. For more information, please visit our website at www.nb.com.